Tuesday, July 12, 2011

I was robbed

Well I must now eat crow. For years I have been telling Liz to be aware of her surroundings.

We were on bus #35 in Torino. I was taking care of both suitcases. One walked off the bus without me.

So we went to the hotel. We called the Carabinieri, went to their offices, filed an official report and came back to the hotel and had two glasses of wine.

LIz lost shoes, three necklaces, a znew scarf, the charger for her camera, and some clothes....and all the papers from her work with the UN.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear this. I was robbed in Italy in 2002. Lost my beloved camera, and much worse, the film that I had already taken from 3 weeks of traveling. Heartbreaking. But it's only stuff. Glad you and Liz are safe. (And good luck getting any help at all from the Carabinieri!)

    ReplyDelete